100 photographs you didn’t know were great #11: Gaahl of Gorgoroth
February 4, 2007
“Gaahl of Gorgoroth” by Peter Beste (2003)
“You are what you came from.
It is your mission to go forth and to grow – to stay awake and to whisper.”
- Peter Beste Photography (peterbeste.com)
- The Official Gorgoroth Website (gorgoroth.org)
- “Lords of Chaos: The Bloody Rise of the Satanic Metal Underground” (feralhouse.com)
The definitive account of the Norwegian satanic metal scene in the 1990′s, written by Michael Moynihan and Didrik Soderlind.
“a fantastic realm where Satanism, neo-paganism and National Socialism energized a musical scene in which fantasy was actualized”
- “Lords of Chaos: The Movie” (roadrunnerrecords.com)
A fictionalised movie version of the Feral House book.
“Equal parts music, true crime, occult, and subcultural anthropology”
- 100 Great Photographs (davidwaterston.com)
The rest of the photographs in this series.