September 14, 2008
David Lynch by Jean Baptiste Mondino
“I love to translate ideas. If you are true to the ideas that you love and never walk away from any element until it’s correct, then there’s a chance others will feel it’s correct and go into that world and have an experience. Hopefully a good experience.”
- The official Mondino website (mondino-update.net)
- Mondino at Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- The official David Lynch website (davidlynch.com)
- David Lynch filmography (imdb.com)
- The Universe of David Lynch (davidlynch.de)
A very comprehensive fan site with lots of links to other Lynch related resources.
- The David Lynch Foundation for Consciousness-Based Education and World Peace (davidlynchfoundation.org)
“Provides funds for in-school ‘Quiet Time’ programs utilizing the stress-reducing Transcendental Meditation technique…”
February 4, 2007
“Gaahl of Gorgoroth” by Peter Beste (2003)
“You are what you came from.
It is your mission to go forth and to grow – to stay awake and to whisper.”
- Peter Beste Photography (peterbeste.com)
- The Official Gorgoroth Website (gorgoroth.org)
- “Lords of Chaos: The Bloody Rise of the Satanic Metal Underground” (feralhouse.com)
The definitive account of the Norwegian satanic metal scene in the 1990′s, written by Michael Moynihan and Didrik Soderlind.
“a fantastic realm where Satanism, neo-paganism and National Socialism energized a musical scene in which fantasy was actualized”
- “Lords of Chaos: The Movie” (roadrunnerrecords.com)
A fictionalised movie version of the Feral House book.
“Equal parts music, true crime, occult, and subcultural anthropology”
- 100 Great Photographs (davidwaterston.com)
The rest of the photographs in this series.
December 21, 2006
“Gene Tierney” by George Hurrell (1944)
- The Hollywood Photography of George Hurrell (hurrellphotography.com)
- George Hurrell Photos and Prints (hurrellphotos.com)
Buy prints of Hurrell photographs, including recent prints made under Hurrel’s supervision.
- Hurrel: The Estate of George Hurrell (hurrellestate.com)
- George Hurrell Obituary (nytimes.com)
- Hurrell related books at Amazon (amazon.com)
- Gene Tierney (geocities.com)
“Unquestionably the most beautiful woman in movie history”.
- Gene Tierney filmography (imdb.com)
- Self Portrait: Gene Tierney’s autobiography (amazon.com)
- Gene Tierney in the news (time.com)
A small but fascinating collection of contemporary news articles about or related to Gene Tierney at the height of her celebrity.
September 27, 2006
“Shock” (from the “End Times” series) by Jill Greenberg
- Jill Greenberg: The Manipulator (manipulator.com)
- On the topic “End Times” (paulkopeikingallery.com)
“The ‘trick’ is suddenly too good: Mrs. Greenberg’s talent with her medium may have finally crossed the line of what we know and what we believe.”
- Cry Babies (popphoto.com)
“Jill Greenberg answers the critics who claim she abuses toddlers in the name of art.”
- Podcast interview with Jill Greenberg (popphoto.com)
- Jill Greenberg interview (lifelounge.com)
- Jill Greenberg is a Sick Woman Who Should Be Arrested and Charged With Child Abuse (thomashawk.com)
Everyman has his say.
- The Case Against Jill Greenberg’s “End Times” (thinkingpictures.blogspot.com)
Finally, a detailed and coherent argument! Misses the point completely, of course, but at least he tried.
“Could it be that Jill’s subject is “taboo” – or, to use a less scintillating term, “disgusting” – because we are aware of the real suffering children around the world experience, and to have it recreated snow-globe style reflects poor aesthetic and moral taste?”
September 10, 2006
“Xteriors VIII” by Desiree Dolron (2001 – 2005)
- Desiree Dolron (desireedolron.com)
August 27, 2006
Norma Shearer by Ruth Harriet Louise (1928)
“I speak of Ruth Harriet Louise who has made…MGM beauties even more beautiful.”
Louella Parsons, 1929
- Ruth Harriet Louise and Hollywood Glamour Photography (amazon.com)
- Ruth Harriet Louise and Hollywood Glamour Photography eBook (ebooks.com)
- Norma Shearer / Ruth Harriet Louise Gallery (divasthesite.com)
- Norma Shearer filmography (imdb.com)
August 24, 2006
“Hanging Pig” by Roger Ballen (2001)
“I am no longer an outsider trying to pick up interesting details of a place. Right now, I’m only looking at one place – the interior of my mind. And from that, I step outside.”
- Roger Ballen (rogerballen.com)
- Roger Ballen in Webesteem (webesteem.pl)
- “Shadow Chamber” Exhibition (bnf.fr)
- Roger Ballen In Print (photoeye.com)