August 19, 2012
March 9, 2011
“For the occasion, she [heiress Francoise Dior, niece of Christian Dior] wore a black and gold swastika necklace, encrusted with diamonds. They supped mead, toasted the British Nazi movement to the strains of the ‘Horst Wessel Lied’, and over a swastika-draped table, swore that they were of untainted Aryan blood, cut their fingers and let the mingled drop of their blood fall on to an open page of a virgin copy of Adolf Hitler’sMein Kampf.”
- Extracted from ‘The National Front’, by Martin Walker (Fontanna, 1977).
- “Fashionably Fascist – The Forgotten History of Dior” (whomakesthenazis.com)
- “Francoise Dior’s Nazi Wedding” (viciousbabushka.com)
- Francoise Dior (wikipedia.com)
February 28, 2011
“People who are told they have six months to live don’t go and climb Machu Picchu. People stay in marriages they’re not happy in and jobs they don’t like. People don’t tend to run. And that’s probably an uncomfortable thing to hold a mirror up to.”
- Mark Romanek, director of “Never Let Me Go”
- Mark Romanek (imdb.com)
- “Never Let Me Go” (imdb.com)
- “Never Let Me Go” by Kazuo Ishiguro (amazon.com)
December 2, 2010
Bongoût Gallery in Berlin have finally announced that pre-orders are being taken for “Human Nature”, a 128-page, hard cover collection of photographs by Daikichi “Genki Genki” Amano. No indication when it will be released but, at only €39,95, it’s sure to sell out fast.
- “Human Nature” (xn--bongot-0ya.com)
- Daikichi Amano prints for sale (xn--bongot-0ya.com)
- Genki-Genki (genki-genki.com)
February 1, 2009
Despite the fact that it is aleady being offered for sale on AbeBooks.com for $245, there are still a few copies of the latest portfolio from Stu Mead available at the regular price of €35 from the publisher, Le Dernier cri. Published in August, 2008 and limited to only 150 copies, this collection of 16 silk-screened prints (each 9″ x 12″ – 23cm x 30cm) features Stu Mead’s take on the legendary Krampus as well as his more familiar obsessions which will be well known to his fans and admirers.
Mead’s previous publications such as Manbag and Miniput rarely appear on the used book market and only then at extortionate prices so get it while you still can.
- Le Dernier cri online shop (lederniercri.org)
- Stu Mead (stumead.com)
- Le Dernier cri – New books Summer of Hell (flickr.com)
Pictures of all prints in the Krampussy portfolio, as well as from other Dernier cri publications.
- Krampus: The Sinister Sidekick of Santa (socyberty.com)
A brief introduction to the legend and festival of Krampus.
- Krampus Postcards (oldpostcards.com)
A wide variety of original postcards featuring Krampus.