February 18, 2013
Cecil B. DeMille interviews celebrated photographer George Hurrell.
Broadcast on 3rd January, 1938 during the intermission of the “Lux Presents Hollywood” broadcast of “Alice Adams”, starring Claudette Colbert and Fred MacMurray.
Running time: 4mins 4 seconds.
June 19, 2012
March 9, 2011
“For the occasion, she [heiress Francoise Dior, niece of Christian Dior] wore a black and gold swastika necklace, encrusted with diamonds. They supped mead, toasted the British Nazi movement to the strains of the ‘Horst Wessel Lied’, and over a swastika-draped table, swore that they were of untainted Aryan blood, cut their fingers and let the mingled drop of their blood fall on to an open page of a virgin copy of Adolf Hitler’sMein Kampf.”
- Extracted from ‘The National Front’, by Martin Walker (Fontanna, 1977).
- “Fashionably Fascist – The Forgotten History of Dior” (whomakesthenazis.com)
- “Francoise Dior’s Nazi Wedding” (viciousbabushka.com)
- Francoise Dior (wikipedia.com)
March 9, 2011
If you already have your limited edition Converse/Clash shoes and Sex Pistols oven gloves you’re probably at a loss about what to do with your discretionary income.
Well, fret no more…
“Another boring scarf? More mittens? We’re not gonna take it! And neither should you! Pretty in Punk salutes counterculture fashion with 25 entirely original designs inspired by fashion icons Vivienne Westwood and John Galliano, and punk legends. Indulge your girly side with the Ready Steady Go mini skirt, rebel with Feel the Pain wrist cuffs, or channel your inner rock star with the very same Mohawk hat Depeche Mode’s Martin Gore wears on stage. Whether you’re new to knitting or a veteran desperately seeking patterns with an edge, you’ll find projects here for every mood and every genre. With step-by-step instructions, helpful technical illustrations and intarsia graphs, plus high-fashion photos of all the finished projects, Pretty in Punk is the only authority on anti-authority knitting.”
“The only rule is don’t be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in.” – Paris Hilton
- “Pretty in Punk” (amazon.com)
- “Pretty in Punk” free download (freshwap.com)
- “Oh, I thought you’d just made them up.” – the official Clash / Converse shoe (blogspot.com)
- “26 Punk Knits” (amazon.com)
November 17, 2010
It’s about this time of night that I like to look at a picture of Susan Boyle singing a duet with a cat.
“My third oil painting of British Idol contestant Susan Boyle, this time featuring Susan in a duet with a singing cat. Susan has a cat named Pebbles, but this is not Pebbles. This is just some random, singing cat.”
– Dan Lacey
January 20, 2009
As the irrational wave of false-idol worship continues to sweep the U.S., Dutch newspaper De Pers peers into it’s crystal ball and sees nothing but violent death in the future of President Obama…
Illustration by Pluis Producties
September 14, 2008
David Lynch by Jean Baptiste Mondino
“I love to translate ideas. If you are true to the ideas that you love and never walk away from any element until it’s correct, then there’s a chance others will feel it’s correct and go into that world and have an experience. Hopefully a good experience.”
- The official Mondino website (mondino-update.net)
- Mondino at Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- The official David Lynch website (davidlynch.com)
- David Lynch filmography (imdb.com)
- The Universe of David Lynch (davidlynch.de)
A very comprehensive fan site with lots of links to other Lynch related resources.
- The David Lynch Foundation for Consciousness-Based Education and World Peace (davidlynchfoundation.org)
“Provides funds for in-school ‘Quiet Time’ programs utilizing the stress-reducing Transcendental Meditation technique…”