Those nice people at Condomania now have a blog dedicated to their growing range of artist-designed condoms and related stuff. They also took me totally by surprise recently by commenting on this blog!
“We recently got the bright idea to gather together a bunch of working artists and ask them to design packaging for condoms which will both interest and excite our customers. This website is our attempt to document that process while also pointing out where others in the condom industry are doing things right, and where they are doing things wrong from our perspective.”
April 27, 2007
April 12, 2007
Despite having “a new found faith in Christianity” (generally the kiss of death to any kind of creativity), Peter Howson, “Scotland’s greatest living painter” ™ has now managed to produce a triumvirate of highly pleasing paintings of my favourite celebrity idiot and orphan botherer, the graceless Madonna. As can be seen from the extract above, also featuring her equally boorish husband (referred to here by Howson as ‘Ogre’), he has succinctly and expertly captured the repulsive allure of the “golden couple”.
- “Madonna has bad brush with artist” (timesonline.co.uk)
- Peter Howson Official Website (peterhowson.net)
- “Howson slams ‘conveyor belt’ artists” (scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com)
- Flowers East Gallery, London (flowerseast.com)
Features images of all paintings in the collection “Acheron and other works”.
Historical note: “Scotland’s greatest living painter” was actually born in England.
February 19, 2007
“You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something.
Nowadays everybody’s crazy.”
Image source: Nick Bougas (unpopart.org)
- No, please, no more.
January 20, 2007
“Did you know there’s a girls’ school with 400 girls just round the corner? Very nice, I’ll tell you, it really is lovely. I mean they’re so beautiful those little girls are. My conscience won’t let me tamper – feel I might damage their lives if I do anything.”
A short, but unusual, 1974 interview with Brian Eno. Conducted by then journalist Chrissie Hynde.
- Everything you’d rather not have known about Brian Eno (hyperreal.org)
- EnoWeb (hyperreal.org)
- Brian Eno at Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- Brian Eno Official Store (enoshop.co.uk)
- Brian Eno official site (brianeno.com)
“Experiment appearing shortly”
December 21, 2006
“Gene Tierney” by George Hurrell (1944)
- The Hollywood Photography of George Hurrell (hurrellphotography.com)
- George Hurrell Photos and Prints (hurrellphotos.com)
Buy prints of Hurrell photographs, including recent prints made under Hurrel’s supervision.
- Hurrel: The Estate of George Hurrell (hurrellestate.com)
- George Hurrell Obituary (nytimes.com)
- Hurrell related books at Amazon (amazon.com)
- Gene Tierney (geocities.com)
“Unquestionably the most beautiful woman in movie history”.
- Gene Tierney filmography (imdb.com)
- Self Portrait: Gene Tierney’s autobiography (amazon.com)
- Gene Tierney in the news (time.com)
A small but fascinating collection of contemporary news articles about or related to Gene Tierney at the height of her celebrity.